+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I HAVE A 2008 FORD ESCAPE

I HAVE A 2008 FORD ESCAPE HYBRID PURCHASED IN NOVEMBER
    2007. SINCE THEN THE CAR HAS BEEN IN THE SHOP 5 TIMES FOR WHAT I AM TOLD IS AN ENGINE TROUBLE CODE P1A0.
    THE STOP SAFELY NOW LIGHT APPEARS, THE ENGINE DIES, AND DROPS DOWN TO LIMITED ELECTRIC POWER ( APROX 5 MPH) ALL OF THE GROUNDS HAVE BEEN REPLACED, AND NOW THEY TELL ME ITS THE FUEL PUMP. FORD REFUSES TO BUY BACK THE VEHICLE, I HAVE ASKED THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT, WHO BY THE WAY ARE OUTSTANDING PEOPLE, TO HAVE THE AREA MANAGER CALL ME. (HE REFUSED THRU THE DEALERSHIP) I CONTACTED FORD CUSTOMER RELATIONS, SPOKE TO SHEREE. AFTER THE THIRD SERVICE VISIT WITH NO SUCCESS. SHE CLOSED THE FILE AFTER THE THIRD VISIT. I HAD TO APPLY FOR LEMON LAW ARBITRATION THRU NEW YORK STATE, AND I AM WAITING FOR A COURT DATE. I WAS WILLING TO HAVE FORD REPLACE THE VEHICLE, BUT BECAUSE OF THE TREATMENT I RECEIVED FROM FORD, I NOW WANT A FULL REFUND. I GUESS FORD REALLY DOES STAND FOR FOUND ON ROAD DEAD AND FIX OR REPAIR DAILY. INCIDENTALLY, I WAS ALMOST HIT BY OTHER VEHICLES WHEN THE CAR DIED.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

JD, can you "name" the

JD, can you "name" the dealership you bought the vehicle from and is this the same dealership you brought the vehicle in for workup?

You state the service department has outstanding people, yet the vehicle has a problem. Was the fuel pump replaced?

I'm interested in learning more on this.

My '08 Hybrid just gave me

My '08 Hybrid just gave me this message "Stop Safely Now". I called the Ford Service Center and they told me to have the car towed since this was the second time that the light came on. They have found the problem the same day. The cooling fan to cool the hybrid battery was not functioning properly. So it will be ready the same day as they happened to have had the parts for it. My only concern is this is the second time that something has happened with the cooling system of the hybrid battery and my warranty will run out in 2000 miles!

Your battery and the

Your battery and the internal fans are covered under the 8 year/100,000 mile hybrid warranty and longer if you bought and live in a green state (10yrs/150,000 miles).

The "Please Pull Over

The "Please Pull Over Safely" message from the hybrid cars is like the Blue screen from Windows or RROD from Xbox. I have a friend that works at Fox Rent A Car and he said that they did not have any problems with hybrid cars, everything going well and no complaining from the customers. Of course it depends on the manufacturer, year and exploitation, but in general hybrid cars are reliable and can serve you for a lot of years.

I took my car 2007 Mercury

I took my car 2007 Mercury Mariner Hybrid to the dealer the first time the exclamation warning light came on and the stop safely now notice came on. I was told just to pull over and turn off the engine. Turn it back on after a wait and continue on the way. It has happened several times since, however, yesterday really pushed me over the edge.

Yesterday my 2007 Mercury Mariner Hybrid (118,000 miles/approx) stopped 12 times driving 8 miles from my home where I did a u-turn to return home. It stopped 10 times on the return trip. I am fuming about this and will no longer accept this as a "quirk".

I had the same issue as

I had the same issue as 'Brenda'. My '08 Escape Hybrid had the pull over safely now message 4 times over the course of 7 months getting more and more frequent. I would be able to turn it off for a few minutes and then start it up with no further defect until serveral months weeks then days later. After the last time I got a check engine light too so I took it in. They deemed that there was a fuel pump leak causing the light, but the cooling fan to cool the hybrid battery was not functioning correctly and needed to be replaced. I am waiting now to get the part replaced...more to come.

I have an 08 hybrid, and I

I have an 08 hybrid, and I also get the "please pull over safely" on almost any trip over 45 minutes.

Making some phone calls about this problem that has been happening for over 6 months.

what is the meaning of these

what is the meaning of these problems and how can i solve these problems
    P0A7C motor electronic over temperature
    P1A0D hybrid power train control module-generator disabeld
    P1A0E motor disabled
    P1A0F vehicle disabled

what is the meaning of these

what is the meaning of these problems and how can i solve these problems
    P0A7C motor electronic over temperature
    P1A0D hybrid power train control module-generator disabeld
    P1A0E motor disabled
    P1A0F vehicle disabled