+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blind spot

Blind spot

I've ordered a 08 TCH and await delivery 9-4-07. I saw a lady with an 07 TCH and asked her how she liked it mileage expected/realized etc....

She said she loved her car but was sad she got a dent on the bumper (rear drivers corner) so soon. She mentioned she saw a TCH with a dent in the same place... I laughed it off as coincidence.

Reading reviews (consumer not professional) forbes, edmunds or yahoo ..cant remember which. I saw one complaining about the "blind spot" and how toyota should fix it on new models.

I'm not an alarmist, just wondering if the car has an unusually large (all cars have some vision blockage) blind spot or if it's because of the car design ( the back bumper does stick out a bit) or if this is all just people getting used to a new car??

Thanks

Scott

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Maybe

Well, I've been driving for 30 years, and never had a problem with maneuvering or parking. But I've been driving my TCH for 3 months now, and I still can't seem to park it straight when backing up. Must be something about the shape of the car and the angles from the driver's vantage point. 9 times out of 10, when I back the car into a parking space, it's visibly not straight. Now I'm "one of those drivers"!

I've had my 2007 Camry for 14 months. I have not noticed any blind spots but I do agree I can't park it straight even pulling in forward. Might be the curve of the hood but it feels straight and looks straight compared to the car next to me until I look at it from the outside. I don't have any problems in my garage where there are no lines or other cars.

Incredible! I thought it was

Incredible! I thought it was me!! I've been driving TCH for 11 months and have mentioned to several people that I seem to have lost the ability to park straight! It's been driving me crazy! But now at least I know I have company!