+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bose system

Bose system

Hello all, I got my car last week and actually love it more then I thought I would. It is very smoothe, quiet and economical. My previous car was a 2004 Infiniti g35x, which is supposed to be very similar to the Altima. I find this car much better. My question is for anyone else with a tech package. I find that the rear speakers under the rear windshield act as just sub-woofers, is this the way it should be? Or is there a problem? I will check with the service dept once my plates come in, but if anyone knows the answer it would save me some time and effort. Also, I cannot seem to access my voicetag phonebook other then the first 5 numbers listed. How can I get to the rest while moving? Can I change the layout to alphabetical? Lot's of questions, and so little time.

thanx
    Larry

They are Sub Woofers as you said. All is Great.

most of the navi system is disabled by moving...it is actually quite annoying (as with many other cars as well). to call people, you need to just add voicetags and say their name.

i wish they didn't disable the navi inputs, ESPECIALLY when there is someone in the passenger seat

You can install a switch in the speed input line

I did this onthe Murano essentially the same system. When the switch is in the open position the inputs all stay as if the vehicle is not moving. Download the service manual to ocate the correct wire.

Quote Originally Posted by GripperDon View Post
    I did this onthe Murano essentially the same system. When the switch is in the open position the inputs all stay as if the vehicle is not moving. Download the service manual to ocate the correct wire.
    i know about the hardware hack, someone on one of my other forums had done it

http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/new...e-version.html

Thanks great harware hack

I am studying the wiring diagrams to see where that wire come from it maybe possible to opent that ciruit without all the dash disassembley when I did it on My Murano I was able to do it under the dash laying on my back and not taking anything apart.

Goodluck, if you figure out a way, please share...I'd rather not have to take everything apart either