+ Reply to Thread

purchase price on civic hybrid

We are ready to purchase an alabaster silver 2007 Civic hybrid without navi and wanted to know what deals people have been getting. We have the invoice and TMV (True Market Value) from Edmunds.com but wanted additional input. Of course all dealers have told us that hybrids are flying off the lots and the 2007 supply is very limited, but we wanted to see how much of the $1800 difference between invoice and MSRP was negotiable. We plan to get quotes and make offers with the internet sales staff of these dealerships. Thanks for the info.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Negotiated $1500 Off MSRP 2006 HCH W/O Navigation

The title says it all. When I purchased my 2006 HCH in Oct 06, my original offer price was $21,000, which was about $100 over invoice. In the back and forth of negotiating (all by e-mail), we settled on price of $21,250, which was about $1,500 below MSRP of $22,745 for the 2006 HCH. I would think initially offering $21,400 (which is $1,800 below MSRP of $21,395) would be appropriate in your case. BTW, I live in San Antonio, TX; if you want to discuss off line, post you e-mail address, and I can give you more information, if needed. Bill Thompson.

Thanks Bill for the purchase price info. According to Edmunds.com, the invoice on a 2007 without Navi is $20,789 and the TMV for this area (central PA) is $21,754 but I think we can do better due to end of the year pricing and internet negotiations. Any other buyers with purchase prices to share?