+ Reply to Thread

My Prius Experience

I have driven many Prius including my freinds

My opinion is its a big Fad and people who buy it are not reading the true story. They waste money and causing more air smog by causing new cars to be built. Plus all the money in one of these goes straight to a foreign country. Only 1/8 of the money in this car goes back to the USA. Where when you buy an American car no matter where its built 85% of the money goes back into the USA.

I looked up the first electric car was the Detroit Electric in 1918 got 40 miles on a charge and used no gas at all.

Hybrids come from technologies that are not established. IE. Hybrid TV sets of the 1960s Transistor/Tube. Now its all Transistors or IC's. The only car you will see in 20 years is all EV you wont see any hybrids because they will be in-efficient.

First of all Prius is Very frumpy

Second you can get better millage on many cars close on some SUVs like the Ford escape.

IN Washington DC I see all the Prius owners ride around in the 100 degree heat with the windows open because when the AC is running the car has to be on Engine Only mode no EV. So you get like 30 MPG ... Funny how the famous car fails when you have heat.

The correct figures on Prius are like 40 City.

I have friends who own them and they get about that.

Toyota famous lies is what I cant stand. There cars are not safe in fact I read where the new Tundra failed the crash tests. This company just cares about profits and draining the American dollar to make Japan richer oh and I love the ads " Made in America" what they dont tell you is all the money and profits dont go back into this country. Infact I read some research you would have to buy 4 toyotas to equal what one GM or Ford puts back into our country.

Its nasty when people sell out to there own country to just be " IN Style"

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Big Fad

Trolling are we?

So why are all of us Americans buying Japanese cars? Just a Fad?

If the American auto manufacturers hadn't killed the pure EV then the Japanese wouldn't have the lead on their interim hybrid solutions. Unfortunately, they chose to waste money and destroy the great things they had going.
    In America, we can't force anyone to do the right thing. The only real choice is to let them die the death they deserve so something else can start up.
    There are a small handful of US companies trying to build new, clean electric vehicles. I just hope that the likes of geissman do the right thing and dig deep into their pockets to help them and the USA.

Again??

Quote Originally Posted by geisemann View Post

My opinion is its a big Fad and people who buy it are not reading the true story. They waste money and causing more air smog by causing new cars to be built. Plus all the money in one of these goes straight to a foreign country. Only 1/8 of the money in this car goes back to the USA. Where when you buy an American car no matter where its built 85% of the money goes back into the USA.

I looked up the first electric car was the Detroit Electric in 1918 got 40 miles on a charge and used no gas at all.

Hybrids come from technologies that are not established. IE. Hybrid TV sets of the 1960s Transistor/Tube. Now its all Transistors or IC's. The only car you will see in 20 years is all EV you wont see any hybrids because they will be in-efficient.

Second you can get better millage on many cars close on some SUVs like the Ford escape.

IN Washington DC I see all the Prius owners ride around in the 100 degree heat with the windows open because when the AC is running the car has to be on Engine Only mode no EV. So you get like 30 MPG ... Funny how the famous car fails when you have heat.

Toyota famous lies is what I cant stand. There cars are not safe in fact I read where the new Tundra failed the crash tests. This company just cares about profits and draining the American dollar to make Japan richer oh and I love the ads " Made in America" what they dont tell you is all the money and profits dont go back into this country. Infact I read some research you would have to buy 4 toyotas to equal what one GM or Ford puts back into our country.

You felt the need to post this three times in three different places?!?!

Obsess much?

trashing prius

From the looks of it, his spelling has gone way downhill as the posts continue too...

Bashing without a Backup

...not to mention the majority of what is said seems to come from false facts. While I think everyone is entitled to their opinion, if a person going to present facts, make sure they're real and come from a valid source.

your world is flat

Quote Originally Posted by geisemann View Post

Your opinions are so far off from fact that it is difficult to respond without having a coronary. Just for starters, if you think Ford is doing you such a justice then why don't you ask why they never furthered that electric technology for your fellow Americans and for the worlds environmental issues. Where could we be today, almost a century later, if we had developed that technology this entire time? Further more maybe Ford wouldn't have had to bogart Toyota technology to make their hybrid car. Not to mention the big three closing so many of the factories in our country to ascertain cheaper labor in other places. Where is that money going? Not into our economy. Not paying Americans. More than 15,000 auto jobs have been lost in my area in the past 3 years. As for Prius owners driving around with windows open in the summer Toyota addressed that with the gen 2 Prius which has an electric ac compressor. Without waisting too much more of my time on this "my world is flat" mentality you have the last thing I will say is, to slam a company that began in 1982 to try and address the environmental problems which are now getting more and more urgent, for having the foresight to start a movement in the right direction you must be very full of your self. What have you done for the planet lately but burn up electricity spreading b.s.

get a life. it's 2009 and

get a life. it's 2009 and the prius "fad" is still going stromg.

As of April, 2009, Prius has

As of April, 2009, Prius has sold 1 Million hybrids.

And I just LOVE the "can't use the AC with the engine off" comment. That alone proves that the author is wearing aluminum foil inside his hat (to keep the space aliens from reading his thoughts).

Hey GEISEMANN- The Prius has an ELECTRIC Airconditioner. Unlike that monster SUV you love. The AC unit is not even connected to the ICE engine!!!!!

Some of us tried buying

Some of us tried buying American and got burned.

In the past two decades, my parents have had two Toyotas, they bought me a Toyota, and my sister got a Toyota. After all that -- four Toyotas and not a single complaint -- I decided that I was going to do the right thing.

So when my father's 1992 Camry finally died, I gave them my 2001 Toyota Echo and bought a brand new 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser.

So now my family has a 2001 Toyota Echo, a 2003 Toyota Echo, a 2003 Toyota Camry, and a 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser. All three of the Toyotas are still going strong with everyday use, and my Chrysler -- the newest of the group at only four-and-a-half years old and 76,000 miles -- has needed major work and needs about $6,000 worth of more work.

So what do I do now? Do I take a downpayment on a brand new car and dump it into my old rundown car? Do I go out and buy a brand new American car that will give me another four-and-a-half years? Or do I go foreign and get a car that do more than die right after the warranty expires?

Believe me, I'd love to buy American. But I got burned. And I just don't have the money to buy a brand new car every five years or so.

I don't want to buy a foreign car. I want to buy an American car. If all things were equal, I'd always buy American. But guess what? All things definitely are not equal.

And as important as it is to be patriotic, one thing that does rank above supporting your country is supporting a cleaner environment for the world and all people.

And as for your claim that these cars waste money and cause more air smog, I'm going to need some figures to support that claim before I give it any credence whatsoever. You do have figures, don't you? Surely you didn't make that claim expecting me to believe it based solely on the fact that some poster that calls himself Geisemann said so.