+ Reply to Thread

2008 FEH - Tach/Display issue

Can anyone help with this? I have a 08 FEH and the tach worked for the first few weeks. Now if I am stopped, it may go oll the way down or it sticks on "1", and the display will show HYBRID Drive if I am going 10 MPH and other times show ELECTRIC. The Ford Dealer tells me this is normal.. can anyone tell me if this is true or not. Why have a display readout if the information is not correct?
    Thanks for any help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I believe you are confused about the display as if the dealership did not explain this to you.

When the internal combustion engine (ICE) stops running, you are in electric mode and the tachometer red indicator will fall below zero. This happens a lot at stop (light or sign) but only if your car has warmed up and your hybrid battery is at the proper state of charge.

When the ICE is running and you are at a stop sign/light, the tach will only drop to number 1.

Do you know you can sometimes stop the ICE from running and go into electric mode via the double tap (two quick light taps on the brake pedal) method?

Most dealerships do not have salestaff that are well versed in the hybrid vehicle. If you need to learn more, keep coming back here or go to greenhybrid.com for more information. There are some really knowledgeable persons on these sites.

Thanks!!

You are correct..They didn't explain it like that...Thanks so much for the information! I just happened to see this site and thought I would give it a try. Thanks again!

Threads

Go through some of the past threads in this site. That is what i did when i first came upon the site and it helped tremendously!!! It is a wonderful site with a lot of information from real people.

It will also prevent you from asking questions that have been answered 100 times. Let the reading commence.....

Mark