+ Reply to Thread

Some question before I buy

Hi folks and let me say thanks in advance to all the replys I am sure I will get.

1: How much do you think I can get the dealer to come off of msrp? I was going to just wait for the 08 models but if the price is right I may buy now.

2:I noticed that it was mentioned that some states have longer battery warrinties than others. I am in texas but have no problems driving it home to get a longer warranty.

3:Are there any added features on the 08 model that any body knows of.

4:Any other suggestions would be appreciated. I was originaly trying to go with a civic gx but lack of support in Houston killed that idea. However I have found out that two months from now Austin will pay people,Austin residents of course, who buy a gx and a home cng compressor $6000 plus there is another $5000 in fed tax credit. A good deal for Austin residents.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

From A Fellow Texan In San Antonio

Hello Viper-joe. As best I can tell the 08 model will be about the same as the 07 model. I own a HCH-2 model year 2006. Took delivery in Oct 06. The MSRP is $23,195 for the 07 model. In my case the MSRP was $22,745. The negotiated price was $21,287, or about a $1,500 discount. I did business with FERNANDEZ Honda here in San Antonio. Their web site is www.fernandezhonda.com. They are solid no fooling around straight forward dealer. Battery warranty is 8 year 100k. If concerned about new technology, consider extended Honda Care warranty. These can be negotiated as to price. There is the current federal tax credit of $2,100. I did receive the full credit. If you need more info, please post on site, and include your e-mail address, if you want to communicate one on one. Bill Thompson.

1) Hard to say. It depends on the dealer, location, inventory and demand. U might get unlucky and wont be able to get more than a few bucks of MSRP. Or you can get up to 2500 of MSRP. I got my 07 HCHII with nav and mirror for 22700. I think MSRP was about 24500 with the mirror. If you get invoice, u are doing good.

2) CARB states such as California have warranty of 10y/150k. If you buy a car in Cali, you get the warranty.

3) duno

4) Test drive the HCHII. Remember, its only like 110 hp, so u wont be able to accelerate as fast as say a viper.

Hi there...I have here some update about my car, Honda...I hope this might help and give some ideas...=)
    The new, 2007 Honda CR-V is more powerful, more stylish and more comfortable than the previous-generation 2006 models. Its new suspension geometry delivers an improved ride and better, more responsive handling.

The engine, still an inline four cylinder, employs variable intake valve timing to optimize horsepower and torque for acceleration and cruising speeds. The transmission is a new, five-speed automatic. Real Time all-wheel drive is offered on all three models. The U.S. EPA rates the front-wheel drive CR-V at 23/30 city/highway miles per gallon and the all-wheel drive at 22/28.

Thus, buyers looking for peppy performance, snazzy styling and easier financing have better choices. Its Honda fuel filter and other accessories like Honda head gasket in their excellent condition...But for Honda loyalists looking for something better than their current CR-V or an SUV to step up into from their Civic, the '07.