+ Reply to Thread

general hybrid car advice?

Hey there,

I am looking to buy my first hybrid car, but have really no idea about where to go for the best infromation. Frankly, the more general the information, the better - as I really have no clue what I'm doing! The only resource on hybrids and other fuel-efficient cars that I've found that is as general as I would like is http://fuelfriendlycars.com but I would like some other hybrid car resources as well. Any suggestions? Thanks -

Ronny

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I have here some update about my car, Honda...I hope this might help and give some ideas...=)
    The new, 2007 Honda CR-V is more powerful, more stylish and more comfortable than the previous-generation 2006 models. Its new suspension geometry delivers an improved ride and better, more responsive handling.

The engine, still an inline four cylinder, employs variable intake valve timing to optimize horsepower and torque for acceleration and cruising speeds. The transmission is a new, five-speed automatic. Real Time all-wheel drive is offered on all three models. The U.S. EPA rates the front-wheel drive CR-V at 23/30 city/highway miles per gallon and the all-wheel drive at 22/28.

Thus, buyers looking for peppy performance, snazzy styling and easier financing have better choices. Its Honda fuel filter and other accessories like Honda heater knob in their excellent condition...But for Honda loyalists looking for something better than their current CR-V or an SUV to step up into from their Civic, the '07.

This is the best place to be

Hi Ronny,

This is the best place to be to find out about Hybrids. You can go to other sites, but nowhere will you find out in advance both the good and the bad from actual Hybrid owners. Be sure to pay particular attention to the owners that have had their vehicles for a few years. If any issues are going to occur with a particual model, it will take a while for them to surface. Remember this is relatively new technology and there will be issues. Be sure to consider the cost of those issues versus the savings in fuel costs.

If the environment and dependence on foreign oil is your main concern, then go for it.

Good luck,

Jeanne