+ Reply to Thread

MMH Airconditioning

Hi, I have 07 Mariner Hybrid which now has about 12000 miles on it. It is a great vehicle. As most of you know all of the Ford Hybrids did not offer a climate control until the 08 model year. My question is does the temperature control (cold-heat) have an effect on the use of the air conditioning compressor and the overall gas mileage or does turning it up for less cooling only brings in more outside air? I suspect that the compressor continues to run as long as the gas engine is running, but I do not know that for sure. I would like to think that turning the temperature control up for heat saves some horsepower and gas. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Tucson Terry View Post
    Hi, I have 07 Mariner Hybrid which now has about 12000 miles on it. It is a great vehicle. As most of you know all of the Ford Hybrids did not offer a climate control until the 08 model year. My question is does the temperature control (cold-heat) have an effect on the use of the air conditioning compressor and the overall gas mileage or does turning it up for less cooling only brings in more outside air? I suspect that the compressor continues to run as long as the gas engine is running, but I do not know that for sure. I would like to think that turning the temperature control up for heat saves some horsepower and gas. Any ideas?
    Sorry Terry, the compressor stays on and if you turn the temperature warmer, your adding heat from the heater core. There is a thread here that explains a heater core bypass to keep the cool A/C air recirculating longer because the heated air is mixed during EV.

GaryG