+ Reply to Thread

temperature light

hi- i have a 05 escape with 62k. occasionally, usually after a long hiway drive the temp light comes on. no signs of overheating,coolant resevoirs feel warm, engine doesn't seem overly hot. display says motor hot. dealer thinks it might be the electric motor coolant pump from what i described although they said it tested ok it might be cutting out when hot. at $550 it seemed like an expensive experiment. any way to determine what the temp is? could i add a temp gauge? thanks--bill

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 05xcpe View Post
    hi- i have a 05 escape with 62k. occasionally, usually after a long hiway drive the temp light comes on. no signs of overheating,coolant resevoirs feel warm, engine doesn't seem overly hot. display says motor hot. dealer thinks it might be the electric motor coolant pump from what i described although they said it tested ok it might be cutting out when hot. at $550 it seemed like an expensive experiment. any way to determine what the temp is? could i add a temp gauge? thanks--bill
    Hi Bill

We just had a poster here have a electronics coolant pump replaced and later had an electric motor overheat (they thought) go bad in the eCVT. After replacing the eCVT, the dealer tech found what was most likely the cause. It was a loose ground that was causing the coolant pump to quit working at times. Better bring that to the attention of the tech that looked at your vehicle. Your still under warranty with the eCVT, so Ford better get on the real problem soon.

The engine would not get that hot like you mentioned, because those two coolant systems are separate. The water pump for the engine is mechanical and works off the same belt as the A/C compressor.

GaryG

hi- just wanted to update, had the electronics coolant pump replaced and no further problems--happily motoring on