+ Reply to Thread

Anyone looking into adding Fog Lamps or LED tail Light or HID headlights

These items should have been on the Car. Don't bombard me with Electrical usage a few more winding on the AC motor would have done the Job and HID draw 20 watts less per side and the Fog could have been yello Hi Out Put Leds, Like I will add.

Also having to remove the front bumper to change a headlight is just stupid. Same for the Fogs.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GripperDon View Post
    These items should have been on the Car. Don't bombard me with Electrical usage a few more winding on the AC motor would have done the Job and HID draw 20 watts less per side and the Fog could have been yello Hi Out Put Leds, Like I will add.

Also having to remove the front bumper to change a headlight is just stupid. Same for the Fogs.
    Which fogs are you adding? Specifically, please. And why those particular ones?

Remove the bumper? Say it isn't so....

-Gren

I havent't finished my selection. When I do i'll post it here and yes it is true, we need sockets and wiring and the bulbs and have to run a switch in my case it's going to the left side of the dash just below the bottom edge.

I havent't finished my selection. When I do i'll post it here and yes it is true, we need sockets and wiring and the bulbs and have to run a switch in my case it's going to the left side of the dash just below the bottom edge.
    Thanks in advance! I'm very interested in knowing about your decision.

Translation: I'm a lazy bastard.

I put HID's into my car....you don't need to take off the bumper. What I did was I jacked up the car, took off the wheels and then removed the engine cover/wheel well part. It's pretty easy, you pop off like 5 of those push tabs (those black plastic bolt things that expand when you push it in) and then you take off 2 screws from under the bumper. you then pull on the engine cover and you can tuck the panel behind the rotor. from there, you can reach the H11 sized bulbs. If you decide on HID's, make sure you don't get the relay style wiring harness because you have no battery to connect to for power.

Thanks for the great Post very informative

Quote Originally Posted by langjie View Post
    I put HID's into my car....you don't need to take off the bumper. What I did was I jacked up the car, took off the wheels and then removed the engine cover/wheel well part. It's pretty easy, you pop off like 5 of those push tabs (those black plastic bolt things that expand when you push it in) and then you take off 2 screws from under the bumper. you then pull on the engine cover and you can tuck the panel behind the rotor. from there, you can reach the H11 sized bulbs. If you decide on HID's, make sure you don't get the relay style wiring harness because you have no battery to connect to for power.
    1.Whose HID did you use.
    2. Where can I order them?
    3. Are you happy?
    4. If you can get to the headlight Does it seem reasonable i can install the fog lamps that way also?

Thanks Don

1.Whose HID did you use.
    2. Where can I order them?
    3. Are you happy?
    4. If you can get to the headlight Does it seem reasonable i can install the fog lamps that way also?

Thanks Don
    1. I use techone HID's,
    2. I think you can find them on ebay
    3. they are ok, i think there are plenty of decent HID kits on ebay
    4. yes, you can get to the fog lamps or head lamps through the wheel well

Thanks for the info. The damn service manual had me reading I had to remove the bumper and I have a mildly disabled right arm and the least hard use it get the better. Thanks.