Quebec’s Electric Circuit announced the first phase of the expansion of the network into eastern Québec with a considerable number of charging locations in the Bas-Saint-Laurent.
With the first nine stations installed along main roads in the region, including highways 132 and 185, EV drivers will be able to travel worry free, knowing they can recharge their batteries at an Electric Circuit station.
Furthermore, one of the founding partners, Les Rôtisseries St-Hubert, will be adding two more charging stations to the network.
“The news was welcomed very enthusiastically and the City of Rimouski was pleased to sign on to the expansion project,” said the mayor of Rimouski, Éric Forest. “There will be more and more electric cars on the roads and providing a charging station agrees with one of the fundamental principles dear to everyone in Rimouski: sustainable development. The expansion of the Electric Circuit into our region also offers added value to residents, visitors to the area and tourists who have chosen this environmentally friendly method of transportation, because they’ll be able to charge their batteries in downtown Rimouski.”
The Electric Circuit said its public charging network in the Bas-Saint-Laurent will expand gradually as more electric vehicles arrive in the region, and as more potential private and institutional partners become interested. The following are the locations confirmed:
- Les Rôtisseries St-Hubert: 1 station, Rimouski restaurant, 395 boul. Arthur-Buies Est, Rimouski, and 1 station, Rivière-du-Loup restaurant, 80 boul. Cartier, Rivière-du-Loup;
- Ville de Rivière-du-Loup: 1 station, city hall, 65, rue de l’Hôtel-de-Ville, Rivière-du-Loup;
- Témiscouata International Hostel: 1 station, 788, rue Commerciale Nord, Témiscouata-sur-le-Lac (pictured);
- Sépaq: 2 stations, Parc national du Lac-Témiscouata, 400, chemin de la Vieille-Route, Squatec;
- Ville de Trois-Pistoles: 1 station, Bertrand Lepage Arena, 104, rue Roy, Trois-Pistoles;
- Ville de Rimouski: 1 station, tourist information office, 50, rue Saint-Germain Ouest, Rimouski;
- • Reford Gardens (Jardins de Métis: 1 station, 200, Highway 132, Grand-Métis.
The plug-in station at the Témiscouata International Hostel, the very first partner in eastern Québec, has been in operation since last December, while the one in Rivière-du-Loup will be inaugurated this afternoon. The gradual commissioning of the other stations will be completed by the fall.