Photo GallerySorry there are no photos!
In a move set to make the cost of running an electric vehicle (EV) even more affordable, British Gas has launched its first free nationwide charging package to include a home charge point and access to the nationwide POLAR public charging network.
Thanks to the UK government’s subsidized funding scheme, British Gas said it is offering electric vehicle users the option of having a safer charging point installed at home for free. Those who take up this offer will also get access to the POLAR public network (an operating division of Chargemaster Plc) which will help keep them charged up when out of their house at no extra cost.
Available from July 1, 2013 and until March 31, 2015, the package includes at no extra cost:
- A free 16 Amp data-enabled charging point with a recommended connector that’s most suitable for your own specific vehicle. This will give you faster and more convenient charging at home
- Home suitability survey and data enabled charging point installation. Survey and installation by a fully-trained British Gas electrician on the same day for your convenience
- Installation of a dedicated circuit, separate from your home electrical circuit, allowing for faster charging that won’t affect your home electrics
- Earthing connection for ensured safety, supplied as standard and in line with industry guidelines
- Access and use of the POLAR public network until the end of March 2014
- Three year data enabled charging point warranty and three year parts and labour warranty
- Access to Chargevision online account management and smart phone app to help you keep track of your energy usage
- Monthly network updates by email
“The package being offered by British Gas comes at an exciting time for Mitsubishi Motors in the UK, with sales of the Mitsubishi i-MiEV and the launch of the new Outlander PHEV at the end of 2013, it now means it has never been easier to charge your electric vehicle and it cements Mitsubishi’s plan for electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles to account for 20 percent of our vehicle sales by 2020,” said Lance Bradley, Managing Director for Mitsubishi Motors in the UK.
In order to receive a free electric vehicle charging package, people can visit British Gas’ Web site.
“British Gas is well placed to be at the forefront of the electric vehicle market and we can now guarantee that new and existing customers will receive the very best advice about safe and efficient charging, free of charge, as electric vehicles move more into the mainstream,” said Andreas Atkins, Head of Electric Vehicle Services at British Gas.