If you fancy spending half an hour at the wheel of the new BMW i3, the Ultimate Driving Experience event will be of interest.
BMW is launching the Ultimate Driving Experience, described as a nationwide tour that will offer behind-the-wheel driving programs through eight events in seven markets for a total of 74 event days. The event will feature over 80 BMW vehicles, from the BMW i3 to BMW M models.
BMW stated a popular component of The Ultimate Driving Experience will be the Teen Driving School, which is an extension of the BMW Teen Driving School curriculum taught at the BMW Performance Center in Spartanburg, SC.
The first Ultimate Driving Experience kicks-off June 14 to 22 in Boston, MA at Gillette Stadium. In total, the Experience will consist of 9-11 day events across the U.S. in the following markets; New York/NJ at MetLife Stadium (Jul 13-20); Chicago, IL at Arlington International Racecourse (July 26-Aug 3); San Francisco, CA at Alameda Point (Aug 16-24); Los Angeles, CA at Santa Anita Racecourse (Sep 6-21); New York/Long Island at Citi Field (Oct 4-12); Miami, FL at Hialeah Park (Oct 25-Nov 2) and Houston, TX at NRG Park (Nov 9-17).
The Teen Driving School is described by BMW as a fully interactive, 4-hour teen driving course featuring the BMW X3 and 3 Series that will be offered at no cost. The Teen Driving School will focus on improving driving skills and increasing road awareness through classroom instruction, driver awareness activities and hands-on driving exercises. A main focus during the Teen Driving School will be creating awareness about the consequences of texting while driving and how it affects not only teens – but everyone who drives a vehicle. Eligible drivers under the age of 21 with a valid learner’s permit or driver’s license can register for the school.
“The Ultimate Driving Experience is grounded in BMW’s passion for providing driving enthusiasts with the opportunity to get behind the wheel,” said Trudy Hardy, Vice President, Marketing, BMW of North America. “Incorporating the Teen Driving School into the Experience is an important component of BMW’s continued effort to teach safe driving practices and to educate teens about the dangers of texting and driving.”
BMW said the Ultimate Driving Experience will feature over 80 BMW vehicles, from BMW i to BMW M. Attendees will have access to a truly immersive experience including:
- Self-guided, hands-on demos of the BMW 335i Sedan and X5 xDrive50i that at most stops include Hill Descent Control, which is a BMW electronic function that allows for safe descent and proper vehicle balance on uneven surfaces, and Skid Pad, showcasing vehicle control on wet surfaces;
- Street Drives that allow for 30-minute test drives per vehicle of a range of BMW vehicles including the BMW 2 Series, 4 Series, 6 Series and the all-electric BMW i3;
- Autocross, a 2-hour challenging, closed-course driving program featuring the BMW 2 Series and 5 Series that pairs attendees with BMW’s Professional Driving Instructors for a dynamic experience that highlights advanced driving theories, defensive driving techniques and culminates in a pulse-pounding hot lap;
- Car Control Clinic, a full-day driving school that allows drivers to get behind the wheel of a powerful M3 or all-new M235i for an adrenaline-filled day of driving with individual instruction from BMW-certified Professional Drivers. Drivers will develop a sharper understanding of BMW’s responsive handling and performance while learning advanced driving theory. The Car Control Clinic is offered for a fee of $650.
- Additionally, The Ultimate Driving Experience will feature a main pavilion with interactive displays.